- Medical Examination Process Flow
- Required Medical Examinations
- Instructions for Applicants
- Important Information
- Applicants coming to WilCare for their visa medical examination will go through the process flow as attached in the following link.
- In case additional examination is required, applicant may have to make further visit(s).
|Initial Visit: All application including children|
- Physical Examination: All applicants are required to undergo physical examination regardless of age.
- IGRA (Interferon Gamma Release Assay) Children aged between 2 to 14 years have to undergo Interferon Gamma Release Assay.
- CXR (Chest X-ray) Adult applicants aged 15 and above, and children with exposure to TB cases or with history of TB disease.
- Syphilis (Blood) Test: For applicants aged 15 and above.
- Gonorrhea (Urine) Test for applicants aged 15 and above.
- Sputum (Phlegm) Test Only if referred or necessary.
CDC requires administration of 1st dose of age-specific vaccine within WilCare at the time of medical examination.
What to bring?
Applicant needs to:
- Appear personally for medical examination.
- Bring original valid passport.
- ISL Letter from the national visa center/consular section declaring visa preference category. (Soft copy is acceptable)
- Bring medical, surgical and prescription history documents (if any).
- Bring eyeglasses (if applicable).
- Bring required fees for medical examination in Pak Rupees (Debit/Credit card payment facility is available).
What to Avoid?
- Only applicants are permitted to enter the medical examination area.
- Following applicants needing assistance are allowed to bring one attendant with them to accompany.
- Applicants Aged less than 15 Years.
- Applicants Aged more than 60 Years.
- Physically challenged Applicants.
- In case the applicant requires special assistance, he/she should inform WilCare at the time of booking appointment.
- Avoid wearing unnecessary jewelry and bringing in large bags.
- Infectious materials, matches/lighters, cigarettes/smokes, aerosols/sprays/perfumes, electronic devices including mobile phones or any other items deemed harmful within the medical examination area are not allowed.
Notes for Applicants
Applicant needs to:
- In case of any intentional attempt to hide medical and physical condition, US Embassy will be informed.
- You need to take in account the hygiene and cleanliness for physical examination of whole body as per requirement of CDC.
- Child suffering from any fever or serious illness will not be examined. Therefore, reschedule your appointments accordingly.
- Weak sighted applicants must keep the vision glasses and contact lenses with them at the time of medical examination, and also bring previous medical documents like prescriptions and surgical notes.
- Applicants need to provide their complete address in Pakistan as well as in USA where they are intending to stay.
Notes for Pregnant Females
- Pregnant women need to inform at the registration desk regarding pregnancy to avoid unnecessary vaccination as they might cause complexities for them.
- Pregnant females will undergo chest X-ray by using double guard cover to protect the fetus from any danger of being exposed to radiation.
- As per CDC regulations, medical report will not be considered complete in absence of chest X ray.