USA Visa Medical Examination
- Medical Examination Process Flow
- Required Medical Examinations
- Instructions for Applicants
- Important Information
- Applicants coming to WilCare for their medical examination will go through the process flow as attached in the following links.
- In case additional examination is required, applicant may have to make further visit(s).
|Initial Visit: All applicants including children||View Flowchart|
|Subsequent Visit: For children 2 to 14 years only||View Flowchart|
- Physical Examination: All applicants are required to undergo physical examination regardless of age.
- IGRA(Interferon-Gamma Release Assays): Children aged between 2 to 14 years have to undergo IGRA Test.
- CXR (Chest X-ray): Adult applicants aged 15 and above, and children with exposure to TB cases or with history of TB disease.
- Syphilis (Blood) Test: For applicants aged 15 and above.
- Gonorrhea (Urine) Test: For applicants aged 15 and above.
- Sputum (Phlegm) Test: Only if referred or necessary.
What to bring?
Applicant needs to:
- Appear personally for medical examination.
- Bring original valid passport.
- Bring letter/document from the national visa center/consular section, indicating visa type and category.
- Bring medical, surgical and prescription history documents (if any).
- Bring eyeglasses (if applicable).
- Bring details of:
- Current City
- Current Address
- Intended City
- Intended Address with Zip Code
- Bring valid Polio Certificate issued by the Government Hospital / Institute. (*Polio Certificate once issued, be valid for 1 Year)
- Bring required fees for medical examination in Pak Rupees (Debit/Credit card payment facility is available).
What to Avoid?
- Please avoid bringing extra persons with you as they won’t be allowed to enter the medical examination area.
- Only applicants needing assistance are allowed to bring one attendant with them to accompany.
- In case the applicant requires special assistance, he/she should inform WilCare at the time of booking appointment.
- Avoid wearing unnecessary jewelry and bringing in large bags. Any doubtful object will not be allowed to be taken within WilCare.
- Infectious materials, matches/lighters, cigarettes/smokes, aerosols/sprays/perfumes, electronic devices including mobile phones or any other such sort of items deemed harmful within the medical examination area are not allowed.
Notes for Applicants
- In case of any intentional attempt to hide medical and physical condition, US Embassy will be informed.
- Child suffering from any fever or serious illness will not be examined. Therefore, reschedule your appointments accordingly.
- Weak sighted applicants must keep the vision glasses and contact lenses with them at the time of medical examination, and also bring previous medical documents like prescriptions and surgical notes.
- Applicants need to provide their complete address in Pakistan as well as in USA where they are intending to stay.
Notes for Pregnant Females
- Pregnant women need to inform at the registration desk regarding pregnancy to avoid unnecessary vaccination as they might cause complexities for them.
- Pregnant females will undergo chest X-ray by using double guard cover to protect the fetus from any danger of being exposed to radiation.
- As per CDC regulations, medical report will not be considered complete without a chest X ray.