New Zealand Visa Medical Examination
- Medical Examination Process Flow
- Required Medical Examinations
- Instructions for Applicants
- Important Information
- Applicants coming to WilCare for their visa medical examination will go through the process flow as attached in the following links.
- In case of additional examination referred by panel physician, applicant may have to make another visit.
|Initial Visit: All applicants including children||View Flowchart|
|Subsequent Visit: For children 2 to 10 years only||View Flowchart|
WilCare carries out visa medical examination for New Zealand under the guidelines provided by New Zealand Government. Please open the links attached to see the medical examination requirements as provided by NZ Government. NZ Visa Health Information
What to bring?
Applicant needs to:
- Appear personally for medical examination.
- Bring original passport.
- Bring all past prescriptions along for analysis at the clinic along with surgical notes or medical history. This includes optical prescriptions like eyeglasses.
- Bring valid Polio Certificate issued by the Government Hospital / Institute. (*Polio Certificate once issued, be valid for 1 Year)
If applicable, applicant also needs to bring along:
- Old Chest X-ray films if any (less than 6 months old).
- All records of clinically significant illnesses (Current or cured) illnesses.
- Original polio certificate (given by Government authorized institute).
What to Avoid?
- Please avoid bringing extra persons with you as they won’t be allowed to enter the medical examination area.
- Only applicants needing assistance are allowed to bring one attendant with them to accompany.
- In case the applicant requires special assistance, he/she should inform WilCare at the time of booking appointment.
- Avoid wearing unnecessary jewelry and bringing in large bags. Any doubtful object will not be allowed to be taken within WilCare.
- Infectious materials, matches/lighters, cigarettes/smokes, aerosols/sprays/perfumes, electronic devices including mobile phones or any other such sort of items deemed harmful within the medical examination area are not allowed.
Notes for Applicants
- Applicants are required to lodge their visa application with New Zealand Embassy or over their eVisa systems prior to coming for medical examination. The attached link will direct applicants to their official page for more information. New Zealand Visa
- All female applicants of reproductive age group are advised not to have their appointments while having periods. Certain tests may need to be repeated if conducted while having periods, necessitating a repeat visit.
- All tests are conducted in non-fasting state (applicants are encouraged to take the regular meal before the blood and urine tests).
Notes for Pregnant Females
- According to NZ guidelines, pregnant women need not to have a chest X-ray.